Catholic Vision & Aims
"Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it." - Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide outstanding Catholic primary education to all children that we are blessed to have in our care. We believe that positive values instilled during our children’s formative years will guide them through the rest of their lives, providing them with a firm foundation for success in whichever path is right for them.
It is our aim that children leave Our Lady & St Joseph Catholic Primary School as resilient, respectful, confident, thoughtful and independent young people, prepared for the next stage on their journey towards leading a fulfilled life in the presence of God.
We can achieve this aim by:
- Supporting all members of the school community in living out our mission statement
- Embedding our Gospel Values, linked to the Beatitudes, in all we do
- Developing knowledge and skills by providing a broad and balanced curriculum which engages all learners and fosters an enjoyment of learning
- Holding the highest expectations of all our children and knowing them well
- Nurturing the unique gifts and talents of each child and celebrating their successes with them
- Celebrating and valuing diversity
- Ensuring each child feels safe, valued and loved
- Teaching each child to appreciate God’s natural world as a source of awe and wonder
We also work in partnership with our families, supporting them in upholding the same high expectations and positive values in their home life, leading to unity and harmony between the home and school environments.