Useful Information for Parents
Keeping Safe At Home
Domestic abuse can happen to, and be carried out by all sorts of people. And with having to stay at home, we know things may be more tense than usual. If you or anyone you know are at immediate risk of harm call 999. There are support agencies who can also offer advice and support:
If you are struggling with finances there are many websites that can provide advice:
Spotlight is a charity who support young people from 11-19, or up to 25 if they have SEND. Their centres are closed, but their team is available for chats with young people who may need help.
The Metropolitan Police has warned of coronavirus scams:
- NHS tests: Fraudsters claim to be doing coronavirus tests on behalf of the NHS. If they knock on your door, ignore them and call the Police.
- Phishing emails: Fraudsters claim to be from research organisations linked to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organisation (WHO). If you get an email from someone you don’t know, don’t click on any links or attachments, and never respond or share your personal or financial information.
- Free school meals: Fraudulent emails ask for bank details to support those entitled to free school meals. Delete these emails without opening them.
- Shopping for the elderly: Fraudsters claim to be from supermarkets, take money for shopping and then don’t return. Do not hand over money, or give your bank details, to anyone at your door.
- Online shopping: If you’re buying from a company or person you don’t know and trust, research them first and use a credit card if you can.
Install the latest software and updates to protect devices from the latest threats.
Neighbours in Poplar
Neighbours in Poplar will be offering the following services during the coming weeks:
- Picking up shopping/medication
- A friendly phone call
- A visit from a volunteer
- Cook and deliver a meal
We also have food for families and individuals who may be struggling. Their phone number is 020 7987 0257.
Celebrate Mass with Fr. Keith
Join Fr. Keith 10am Daily on YouTube...