Year 3 Homework (SPR) –
N.B. Homework book, reading book and reading record must be in school every single day.
Homework, due in Tuesday 4th April 2017
Read every day for at least 10 minutes. Please remember your child must have their book signed. Every fortnight children are expected to do a book review of a book they have been reading or have read, children can pick these up from the classroom and stick them into their homework books
Please practice: dfghj
- Jumping jugglers jiggle joyfully with jelly in January, June and July!
- This is a very silly sentence using the letter ‘j’ as the first sound of most of the words. Starting several words with the same sound is called ‘alliteration’.
- Have a go at writing some other silly sentences like this but with different starting letters.
4. Write your favourite sentence out again carefully and neatly. Bring it into school to share with your class
Maths: Extension (Ask for the maths sheet from your teacher)
10 3 15
- Use these three numbers and + or – or x or ÷.
- Can you make these numbers: 75 120 50?
- What is the largest number you can make?
What is the smallest number you can make? (You must use all three numbers.)
A: hall, wall, fall, mall, tall, stall, call, ball
B/C: strength, suppose, surprise, therefore, though, although, thought
Spellings should be practiced daily, please write them the homework book. Please also write them within sentences. These spellings have no linked pattern, but are needed for the new national curriculum.
Spelling group A’s spellings are to reinforce phonics patterns, any word in red does not follow the phonic rule.
Mr Everden and Miss Patel