In year 3 we have been learning about canals and locks. We will be going on trips next week to find out more.
We have also been learning about how to write explanation texts. We have looked at the water cycle.
In maths we have been practising adding and subtracting using the column method.
Read every day for at least 10 minutes. Please remember your child must have their book signed. Every fortnight children are expected to do a book review of a book they have been reading or have read, children can pick these up from the classroom and stick them into their homework books
Please practice: jusg (do a line of each letter then do 4 words with the letters in)
1. What hobbies or interests do you have? 2. It could be football, dancing, reading, video games, cycling, drawing, playing music etc. 3. Pick your favourite hobby. 4. You are going to make a poster telling other people about this hobby. 5. Write the name of your hobby at the top.6 . You should include information boxes on your poster saying: • When you do it • Why you like it • How long you’ve been doing it • What equipment or things you need to do it 7. Around the boxes, draw pictures of you doing your hobby. 8. Decorate the poster.
Maths (please complete the Busy Ant sheet attached- the section below is extension. It is optional, but extra credit be given):
(Also please practice your child’s times table)
1. Take a medicine spoon. It should say 5ml on it! 2. Find your favourite mug or cup.
3. Estimate how many medicine spoons it will take to fill your cup.
4. Ask other people in or around your home to estimate – collect and record at least five guesses.
5. Now measure by counting how many 5ml spoonfuls it takes to fill the cup – you can use lentils or dried peas instead of water if you like!
6. Bring all your guesses and the correct number into class.
This week’s spelling pattern is: sh: ch
A: was, that, then had, with like, but,
B/ C: chef chalet machine brochure chaise cached parachute moustache different because however
Spellings should be practiced daily, please write them the homework book. Please also write them within sentences.
Mr Evenden and Miss Patel