This week the School Council met with Mr Devereux to discuss how things were going in the school, across all areas.
The meeting started with prayers: The Sign of The Cross and a Hail Mary. We also prayed for God’s guidance during our meeting.
They were asked what was currently working well and then what they thought needed improvment.
What’s working well:
· Reagan: I like PE, especially football
· Rachel: Art is good in my class. We get to paint and make shapes.
· Olek: I like art too. I have enjoyed making the Christmas decorations and we also make Santa had-print decorations.
· Alicia: I enjoy all the fundraising we do. I especially like the Carol Service at Waitrose.
· David: I think maths is great. I have really enjoyed doing our tests this week.
· Kiela: I think choir is working well. I had a brilliant time at Mulberry Place – singing and selling sandwiches.
· Beatrice: I love art; doing different patterns and shapes with different colours.
· Laurie: Year 4 have a great reward system which uses fake money. I think we could use this idea in all classrooms.
Things we need to improve:
Olek: We have had no ice-skating yet. I think it would be great to have it in the Spring Term like we did last year.
Kiela: I think we could do the fake money as a reward system like they do in Year 5
Laurie: I would like to have more Topic based projects as part of our homework.
Overall the meeting was very positive and the children are very happy with the behaviour of others and they reported back that they enjoy their learning.
The meeting ended with a prayer: The Sign of The Cross; we then all sang ‘We Wish You A Merry Christmas’ before heading for lunch.