Year 3 Homework (SPR) –
N.B. Homework book, reading book and reading record must be in school every single day.
Homework due in 28th February 2017
Read every day for at least 10 minutes. Please remember your child must have their book signed. Every fortnight children are expected to do a book review of a book they have been reading or have read, children can pick these up from the classroom and stick them into their homework books
Please practice: fghj
For this weeks homework you will write a Lent letter.
See RE sheet for all the information.
(Please note adult support will be needed for this.)
Maths: extension. (learn timetables with the inverse): Ask maths sheet from your teacher.
- Measure out one metre – either using a tape measure or ten of the decimetres on the bottom of this page.
- Mark the start and end of the metre.
(Either draw round your foot on some paper and cut it out, or use a slipper/shoe as a measure.
- How many of your footprints can you lay along one metre? use a slipper as a measure.)
4. Bring your results in to school.
- What length are different objects by using your shoes length (e.g. a can might be ½ a shoe)
A: bell, fell, well, pill, till, doll, poll, roll, stroll
B/C: famous, favourite, February, forwards, fruit, grammar, guard, guide, heard, heart,
Spellings should be practiced daily, please write them the homework book. Please also write them within sentences. These spellings have no linked pattern, but are needed for the new national curriculum.
Spelling group A’s spellings are to reinforce phonics patterns, any word in red does not follow the phonic rule.
RE Sheet: Ask your teacher for the information sheet.