Read every day for at least 10 minutes. Please remember your child must have their book signed. Every fortnight children are expected to do a book review of a book they have been reading or have read, children can pick these up from the classroom and stick them into their homework books
Please practice: bdpads
Roses are red, Violets are blue …
- Finish this Love message for someone you love (it can be someone in your family if you like)!
- It has to rhyme, so make sure the last word rhymes with blue.
- Draw a picture to go with it.
- You can make up a different rhyme for a different person that you also love! Like:
Roses are red, some roses are pink, you mean the world to me, more than you’d ever think!
1) There were 5 haunted houses on a street. Each house had 7 ghosts inside. How many ghosts altogether?
2) 4 spider webs were hanging in the attic. Each web had 11 spiders, how many spiders were there altogether?
3) Tesco ordered some pumpkins for Halloween. They arrived in 5 trucks. Each truck had 5 pumpkins inside. how many pumpkins did Tesco order?
4) 8 witches were cooking toads in 8 cauldrons. Each cauldron had 6 toads inside. How many toads did the witches have to buy from the pet shop?
5) 6 ghosts did a spooky scream every hour. How many screams were there after 4 hours?
6) In an old scary house there were 9 old cupboards. When they were opened there were 5 blood sucking bats in each cupboard! How many horrible bats were there?
7) On Halloween night 13 vampires flew into the village. If each vampire bit 3 people, how many people were bit altogether that night?
8) There were 7 spooky (and smelly) swamps. In each swamp lived 8 ugly swamp monsters. How many monsters in the swamp?
colour in the angles of each picture, red for right angles, green for acute angles and blue for obtuse angles. (on the sheet provided)
A: merriment, beautiful, plentiful, laziness, happiness, emptiness, merciless, pitiless
B: ache anchor schedule arachnophobia mechanic hypochondriac chaos character choir Christmas
C: ache anchor schedule arachnophobia mechanic hypochondriac chaos character choir Christmas chemistry chemical chorus chemotherapy
THIS WEEK’S SPELLING PATTERN IS: k: ch (revision from AUT 1)
Spelling group A’s spellings are to reinforce phonics patterns, any word in red does not follow the phonic rule.